Child Friendly Wineries in Kelowna, a very nice blog about where to go with kids.
COVID: Please find below the short version of our COVID 2019 safety plan.
You can ask too see a full version of the plan in our wine shop.
Workplace COVID – 19 Safety Plan
In accordance with the Provincial Health Officers order on Workplace COVID – 19 Safety plans, we have completed a plan and it is available in full on our website. Should you wish a paper copy, please ask a staff member here in the wine shop. The basics of the plan are as follows:
No more than two groups of maximum 4 people per group are allowed in the wine shop at any time. Each group will be physically separated by a small barrier, with signage and floor markings indicating the area within which they are to stand, ensuring physical distancing between groups.
If there are more than two groups present, the remainder will remain outside with appropriate social distancing in the line up until called. The line up area is marked by orange pylons to ensure 2 metres between groups.
No more than 50 people will be allowed in the picnic area at any time. There will be a minimum of two metres (6 feet) between the patrons seated at one table and the patrons seated at another table. No more than six patrons can be seated at one table, or in a grouping of chairs. Signage is up and tables and chairs have been spread accordingly.
All events will be limited to 50 guests.
Changes to How Tasks are performed
During tastings, staff will ask customers to stay behind taped line, staff will pour taster and step back, customer will reach forward to take glass and step back to designated area to taste.
Wine will be packed either by staff from behind the counter or if customers choose wine from the racks, they will be offered bags or a box to pack it themselves to reduce contact. Any other merchandise touched by the customer will be packed by the customer. Payment will be as touch less as possible. Payment by cash will be discouraged.
A plastic barrier will be installed by the till in the wine shop, once it arrives. One is being shipped at the moment from Ontario, the other is on back order. Each group in the wine shop will be physically separated by a barrier.
An entrance and exit door have been well marked, creating a one-way direction for the store.
Rules and Guidelines
Staff will ensure they wash hands regularly. At a minimum this will include:
- When they arrive at work.
- Before and after going on a break
3.. After using the washroom.
- After handling cash or other materials that have come into contact with the public (example used wineglasses).
- Before and after handling shed tools and equipment.
- Before and after using masks or other personal protective equipment.
- After cleaning and sanitation.
Staff will wear gloves.
Each staff member will have designated cleaning and drying cloths which will be changed frequently.
As we have been very fortunate to have been reported and supported in the newspapers so many times, we apologize that it became impossible to put them all up. Some of the news items:
In Canada’s wine country, Okanagan Valley flows with quirky charm
House of Rose is definitely a winery with that laid back, old school charm. No need to pretend like you’re a wine connoisseur here. This is the place to kick off your shoes and stomp around in some soon-to-be vinos. They even have an adorable outdoor picnic set up going on, so you and your BFFs can soak up the sun and sip up your samples.
Hong Kong Television
And House of Rose Winery in a travel show on Hong Kong Television (video starts at 12:34 minutes)
- CNN.com – In Canada’s wine country, Okanagan Valley flows with quirky charm (2016-09-27, scroll down to “Mom-and-pop places”)
- TravelAbled – an accessibility review our winery by Jeff Bourne.
- Viva Lifestyle & Travel – 8 wineries worthy of a road trip (2016-07-29, scroll to bottom)
- Vine Advisor – Winery Watch: House of Rose Winery (2016-06-09).
- Orchard & Vine Magazine – House of Rose Winery Wins Champion for the Environment Award from the City of Kelowna (2014-05-05).
- Castanet.net – Winery, a house of energy savings (2012-10-08)
- BC VQA – BC Wine Ends up on Hollywood Set: House of Rose sends their HOT FLASH™ wine to the cast and crew of The Hot Flashes (2012-03-28)